Crucible is a training programme for Christians with courage and imagination, who suspect:
- We live in a mission context and need to think like missionaries.
- We need to think creatively about church in diverse and changing cultures.
- We serve the God who constantly does new things on the margins.
On the margins of society among the poor and disenfranchised- at the margins of culture, where creative thinking explores new possibilities
Within the margins of the familiar, those spaces all around us neglected or ignored but full of potential
What is Crucible
A melting pot, where old structures are made pliable and reshaped for moreeffective purposes.
A place in which different cultures or styles can mix together to produce something new and exciting.
A time characterised by the convergence of powerful intellectual, social, economic or political forces.
Does Crucible help plant churches?
- Yes. It is specifically a training resource to engage in deprived urban communities but the specific expectation that this will usually involve planting a new church.
- It is part of the wider ministry of Urban Expressions which is an initiative of the Baptist Church with the specific aim of urban church planting.